Accentuate the positives, medicate the negatives. ~Amy Sedaris



Friday, July 23, 2010

Vosges Black Pearl Bar


A chocolate bar with an asian influence.
Trendy, boutiquey,'haute chocolat'.
Yep, this is a very slick little bar.

The flavors seem pretty complex- first the ginger, then the wasabi, and then the sesame seed crunch. Strangely, this bar is easy to get along with. So much so that when I ate it, I thought it would be fine for breakfast.

Everyone I've shown this bar to oohs and awees before even one taste. Everyone I allowed a taste thought it very nice even though I thought the exotic ingredients would intimidate them. Really though, it's like that guy in your English class in highschool that all the girls have a crush on because he's so hot, and sweet, and quiet. But no one is really in love with him, because he has the personality of a vacant model on a hugo boss billboard.

'The Everyone' also agrees that especially cool is the 'How to enjoy an exotic candy bar' instructions on the back of the bar. Breathe, See, Smell, Snap Taste, Sense. This is very much like a somlier/wine lover experience. I wonder if this blog is staining my teeth. Anyway, the instructions, if you may, made samplers stop and pause and reflect on the experience which is awesome....
Katrina, the owner of Vosges apparently wants to bring 'awareness of indiginous cultures' through her chocolate. Also, she was to bring awareness of herself, so yeah, her picture and bio is on the back of the bar. She's pretty. Maybe that makes it taste better? Did I mention this bar felt trendy?
55% cacao. Fun. Unique. Not much about the chocolate... However, the website does talk about adding such a chocolate bar to s'mores. That could be COOL!

I may buy another bar from here in the future just because of the bacon chocolate bars. It would be an homage to my baby brother and other bacon lovers out there, and a brave bold move that should be tasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment