Accentuate the positives, medicate the negatives. ~Amy Sedaris



Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cote D'Or


The Cote D'Or. Degustation 70% Noir Intense. Belgian Dark and Rainforest Alliance verified 30% (I have no idea what that means). Not my bag.
I have to be careful not to jump to conclusions with 'Kraft Foods' written on the back. Hmph. Made in Belgium but distributed by Kraft.
But no...the bar is striated like as in sedentary rock. Break off a piece and it fractures in layers...what the???
And it's got more waxiness then most...which I'm thinking must be the soy lecithin content. For shipping this keeps the bar more stable. Kinder shipping can keep chocolate more stable too- not additives!
Plus it's mixed beans from West Africa and South America. Says it's Belgiums #1 chocolate brand- so I'm guessing it's like the Hershey bar of Belgium, which is actually a good thing. It's better than a hershey bar...but I can see other similarities- like the wax thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment